Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Monday-What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. This is where we share what we've read the previous week and what we're planning to read this week. It's a great way to see what others are reading (and add more books to the TBR pile!)

Finished and Reviewed:
I finished and reviewed one book this week, Dan Walsh's The Unfinished Gift. This was one of my selections for All About {n}'s Holiday Reading Challenge. This wasn't my favorite book (I thought the writing was very choppy and occasionally awkward) but it was a sweet story about the power of God and Christmas.


Currently Reading:
I'm about halfway through Silent in the Sanctuary, the second book in the Lady Julia Grey series by Deanna Raybourn, and am loving it! I'm hoping to finish that book this week along with Tinsel by Hank Steuver, another challenge selection. A busy holiday season has meant I'm a little behind on my reading for that- I have 2 books finished and 3 more to read by December 31!

http://www.mostlyfiction.com/images/cover_L-R/silentsanctuary.jpghttp://www.blogcdn.com/news.holidash.com/media/2009/11/tinsel-book-240kgs112309.jpg

Up Next:
Santa Clawed, a holiday mystery set in Virginia by Rita Mae Brown, and either Silent on the Moor by Deanna Raybourn or Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup (author of Slumdog Millionaire).

What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. All three of these books look incredible! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with your take on The Unfinished Gift. I'd really like to see it made into a Hallmark Christmas movie. :) Happy Deanna Raybourn reading!

    ReplyDelete